Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Think We Have An Answer!!!

Today Tessa had a scope to look down her trachea and see what on earth was going on down there. The procedure didn't happen until close to 12 noon, but it was over and she was back up to her room before 1 p.m.
The doctor told us that Tessa has something called tracheitis. Simply put, it's a bacterial infection of the trachea. Bad news for kids is that because of their small anatomy an enflamed trachea can close their airway. Unfortunately this is what happened to Tess early this morning, but she was watched closely by her nurses and doctors and intubated immediately. My poor sweet heart! But this precious girl is pulling through! Basically we are letting her body tell us what to do next. They are giving her some heavy duty antibiotics and just waiting for the swelling to go down. Might take a day, or so, but we are willing to wait for this sweet girl to get better on her own time.
I will keep this up to date as much as I can, but I truly wanted to thank everyone for your support in prayer. Noel and I had such a peace today, and Tessa is such a good baby, and we are so grateful to have a final diagnosis and pretty straight forward treatment. If you weren't a believer in prayer before, give me a call, I'll let you know how it works!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're becoming quite the blogger! I believe!!!